Updated on February 09, 2014
.1 ne-wo-pe-o , po-ti-ni-ja OVIS:m 100 SUS 190
- ne-o-pe-o | *ναόπαό (naopao) (Doric) | *dwelling or shrine of a kinsman by marriage
- OVIS:m | sheep: male; rams
- po-ti-ni-ja | πότνια (Potnia) | lady, mistress
- SUS | pigs
.1 *ναόπαό πότνια: rams 100, pigs 190
- shrine to Potnia: 100 rams, 190 pigs
- The livestock were likely kept for sacrifice.
- Richard Vallance Janke disagrees with this decipherment. See Two Plausable Alternative Decipherments of PY Cc 665.
Leave a Reply