ta-na-po-so / ra-su-to OVIS:m 82 OVIS:f 18
1. OVIS:f | sheep: female; ewes
2. OVIS:m | sheep: male; rams
3. ra-su-to | ῥήϊστο(ς) (reistos) (Epic, Ionic) | easy, pleasant; the least painful; requiring delay
3. ra-su-to | ῥαίστω(ρ) (raistor) | one that accomplishes
4. ta-na-po-so | τανύπους (tanupous) (Epic) | long footed, long shanked
τανύπους / ῥήϊστο OVIS:m 82 OVIS:f 18
- overgrown hooves / use caution to accomplish (resolve) in the easiest, least painful manner: 82 rams, 18 ewes
Annotation: Animals often die from grain overload (acidosis). Those that survive suffer inadequate blood flow to the hoof, which results in laminitis, or foot overgrowth [“Hoofcare”]. Cf. lame. This condition seems to parallel, in humans, the complications of diabetes.
- Hoofcare. Sheep 101.info. Ret. on 05 Oct 2014.
Leave a Reply